Monday 29 January 2018

Disney Style

More often than not, booking a flight is the cheapest part of a vacation for me. Every time I go somewhere, I feel the need to update my wardrobe with destination-specific pieces. Disney is no exception to this rule.

Sophie really gets the greatest benefit from this habit of mine. I absolutely love finding adorable boutiques and Etsy shops with unique pieces that really stand out, and there are so many that cater to Disney addicts such as myself. This post is all about sharing some of this year's finds and the fabulous shops that sell them.


LuLaRoe - Lindsay Morrison 



I met Lindsay this summer in Maryland when we both volunteered at HDYO's North American Youth Camp. This girl is FAB-U-LOUS. We connected over the big stuff -- eyelash extensions, excessive packing for a summer camp, and of course -- Disney. Lindsay is a very successful consultant for LuLaRoe (so successful that she was able to retire from her career as a nurse before she turned 30!) LuLaRoe hasn't exploded in Canada (yet) like it has in the states, so I wasn't familiar with the label. Lindsay sent an amazing care package for Sophie and I, and this stuff is AMAZING. The leggings are so soft they feel like butter. BUTTER! I love their Disney line, and Sophie can't wait to rock her Pluto leggings in the park. Lindsay also sent an adorable purple Flounder dress for Sophie, and the geo-Mickey dress for me. I've already packed it with my denim jacket... it is SO comfy. If you see me wearing it in every picture for our entire vacation, you'll know why.

Be sure to check out Lindsay's online boutique on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/LuLaRoeLindsayMorrison/

Lover Dovers Clothing

I have been in love with Etsy ever since Sophie was born. This place is a mecca for all things handmade and vintage. Sophie's birthday party outfits and decor are usually purchased from a shop on Etsy and it is the first place I look for unique Disney items. Last year I came across Lover Dovers Clothing and fell in love with a dress. I knew it was perfect for Sophie, but for some reason I hmm-ed and hawed over it for months. When our Walt Disney World trip started to feel like a reality, I knew I had to order it for Sophie. I can picture her wearing this in both Epcot and Be Our Guest restaurant, and I know it will make her feel like a true princess.

This picture was borrowed from the Lover Dovers' Etsy Shop. 

You guys... how perfect is this dress? Sophie looks like a mini Belle as it is, and this provincial dress is right up her alley.

When Sophie was three, we paid a ridiculous amount on a package at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for her. I thought she would love the experience of picking out a princess dress, having her hair and makeup done, and getting her pictures taken. Wrong. I was so wrong. As a joke, we use BBB to threaten her when she's misbehaving. I mean, look at this face... we paid a zillion dollars for 30 pictures with this expression. 

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is AMAZING, and if I were 5 I would love it so much. It's just not for Sophie. 

What I'm getting at is, this day dress by Lover Dovers Clothing IS her. It's beautiful AND comfy. It doesn't have lace and frills and tulle. It's perfect for my girl. In fact, when it came and we realized it was a size too small, she cried real tears. Thankfully, Erin from Lover Dovers was so accommodating. I e-mailed asking if I could ship it back for a bigger size, and she replied almost immediately saying that it would be no problem at all. Customer service like that makes this shop even more magical!


or find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/loverdovers/

Isabella's Hair Bowtique

Sophie is in love with all things JoJo Siwa right now, she even said she wants to be JoJo when she grows up (or turns 14, I guess). If you want to be like JoJo, you have to have the bows.

Good news -- I have a friend who makes bows that are beautiful and high quality -- much better than the ones you buy at a retail store!

When I ordered Sophie the Provincial Belle dress, I wanted her to have the perfect bow to match. I messaged Kristen from Isabella's Hair Bowtique and explained what I was looking for. It took her less than 24 hours to come up with the perfect design! It is even better than what I had pictured in my mind. Kristen is so creative and talented, and her shop prices are extremely reasonable. She's an absolute sweetheart, so it feels good to support her business. 


How amazing is this bow? Be sure to check out all of her fabulous creations on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/Isabellashairbowtique/

The Brave Little Tailor

If you've read any of my previous posts, you will know that Sophie absolutely adores Pluto. She and Pluto have had some pretty special times together at Disney. She has been named Pluto's Official Dog Walker, they've gone running from across the park into each others' arms (legit), and he has come out of the parade to see her on more than one occasion. Sophie faithfully carries her Pluto stuffie with her at all times on Disney vacations, and it might just help with some of the extra attention she has received. (She also sleeps with it every single night, so it's looking a little worn) Anyway, while many little girls admire Rapunzel or Cinderella, for Sophie it's always been Pluto. 

Do you know how hard it is to find apparel with Pluto on it for little girls? Pretty near to impossible. Even on my Etsy searches it's hard to come by. Imagine my excitement when I saw this dress while I was obsessively searching Disney related blogs last night.


It's the most adorable, stretchy sleeveless dress I've ever seen and Sophie is going to FLIP when it arrives. I knew that she had to have it. This Etsy shop has the most amazing patterned dresses and skirts for girls and ladies. I wish I spent as much money on myself as I do on Sophie, because I had my eyes on a few for myself. 

Do yourself a favour and check out The Brave Little Tailor on Etsy at


Tiny Tim's

Tiny Tim's is a local shop and I have to tell you... the Boss Babe behind the scenes, Tiarra, is amazing. I feel like she must have to work 27 hours a day to keep up with the demand for her products. (Yes... I said 27.) She is so incredibly talented at what she does, and she's just such a gem that people want to support her business. I found her on Facebook through an online fundraiser and have followed her shop ever since. I love knowing that when Sophie wears her pieces at the parks, she will be the only one with it on. 

A mermaid cardigan I ordered a while back for Sophie


Imagine this print....
On this Scuba Neck hoodie... because that's what's coming!



Be sure to give her some love on her Facebook page at 

Happily Ever Tees

So as you can see, I work so that I can support my online shopping addiction for my daughter. But every now and then I see something that speaks to me so loudly that I just have to have it... for myself. This tee was it. I follow Happily Ever Tees on Instagram, and when I saw that they were releasing this tee into their shop, I set alarms on my phone and subscribed to e-mail reminders to let me know when shopping opened. I was at Sophie's swimming lessons when I got the notification, and within minutes, I had my shopping cart ready to check out with this beauty in it.


The fab five plus coffee? Yeah I think I'll have that. 

Me and white generally don't get along. I have ruined nearly every piece of white clothing I own. Ironically, the last victim was a pair of white denim that I spilled my Starbucks PSL on. I don't even care. This shirt may come home torn or stained or ruined, but I am still wearing it.

You can't get this shirt right now, but check out all of the other fabulous goodies at 

I'd love to know your favourite Disney shops (I mean, there's still 60 days for me to shop!) Let me know your faves in the comments!
xo 












No comments:

Post a Comment